Monday, July 15, 2013

28.

Today is my 28th birthday! And while I'm not that excited about getting older, I am glad to put 27 behind me.

The last year has been incredibly eventful. I started my first official year of teaching. My brother had his first baby-my Goddaughter Zoey-in October. I was diagnosed with Lupus. And I've struggled to balance the different aspects of my life-mainly keeping a balance between work, illness, and my sanity.

So, I am glad to put 27 behind me, and I am looking forward to 28 with high hopes. I'm going to be starting my second official year of teaching (which I am really excited about-I've started prepping already!). Zoey is going to be turning 1. Watching her get bigger and being a big part of her life has been amazing. I consider it prep for a future kiddo in my future. ;) Matt and I have plans for potentially seeking out a house in the future (the original plan was to start looking this fall, but I don't think we're ready). Also, I want to keep my health in check, and since starting a new medication (Humira), I've been feeling a lot more optimistic about staying healthy.

And, of course, lots and lots of reading.

I've never been more grateful for my corner of the internet. The last year was emotionally trying, and I am so glad that when I did come and write, there was always someone listening. That has been a big comfort to me. So thank you.

Here's to another great year!

21 comments:

  1. wishing you a very happy birthday Allie and a better, healthier, happier year ahead! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Allie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's to you, Allie! I know it's been a rough year, and I'm hoping this upcoming year is far better for you! Happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! I hope this year turns out to be an amazing one for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday!!! I'm so glad it's an optimistic year ahead, and I'm glad you've weathered some of your blog woes. I love reading anything you write whenever you have an opportunity. I'm glad this has been a place of solace for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, Allie -- wishing you a wonderful year ahead! So glad you decided to keep this blog - I truly enjoy it! God bless you! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday dear Allie! I hope thos year is a wonderful one for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday Allie! I have a feeling this year will be a great one for you. And enjoy the trip! I've been enjoying the pics on FB/instagram.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday! May this year be filled with fun adventures and happiness :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday! Hope 28 brings great things for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love you! Happy birthday! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday! Let your next year be perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday to you :) .

    ReplyDelete
  14. A few days late, but Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great day. I've been out of the loop so had no idea you were diagnosed with Lupus. I hope your new medication helps you to manage it. I'm wishing you another great year and many more in the future. =O)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Top Ten Classified Website List, Pakistani Classified Sites, USA Classifieds, Indian Classifieds, Entertainment Articles, Entertainment News, Entertainment Pictures, Bollywood, Hollywood and Lollywood Pictures and Videos, Entertainment Latest updates, Hot Entertainment News and Pictures Funny Entertainment Pictures, lol Pictures, Funny Pictures and every thing you want...
    www.hotcurrentaffairs.com

    ReplyDelete