Thursday, April 14, 2011

Some News.

Hello-

I am currently sitting at home in my warm comfy bed with a bunch of kitties all over the place. After going to the doctor yesterday, he told me I had to stay home from work for a couple of days. I am going slightly stir crazy already. I have been so on the go recently that sitting at home is not as appealing as it should sound.

Anyway, with all the crazy events that have happened since Sunday, I haven't had a great deal of time to blog (I know, after all my boasts and promises). I'll get around to it eventually.

I do have some news to share....the teacher I am subbing for is NOT coming back this school year like she informed me a few weeks ago. This means I am finishing up the year in her classroom with the students I currently have. This is definitely good news and I am excited to finish out the year with "my" students.

It also means that I will continue to be super busy. In addition to teaching during the week, I will also be working at the park on the weekends. I am sure I am going to go slightly crazy in the process, but what can I do? Had I known about the school thing, I would have delayed my return. I can't do that now. I'll manage.


Anyway, I'm working up a schedule to make sure I have regular posts once I am feeling better. :) We're going to see how it goes!

12 comments:

  1. Great news! I hope this rest works for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheesh Allie you are all over the place. I know you're bored out of your mind, but at least the Universe is forcing you to rest.

    And also, I think I'm biting the bullet and choosing Great Expectations for my Dickens read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you feel better! I'm suffering from alergies, but that's nothing compared to what you must be going through, yuck...

    All the more time to read, perhaps...?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for the job continuing! And yay for the doctor benching you...rest is the best way to get better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that sounds exhausting. But that's great news about the teaching job, hopefully it will turn into something permanent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you feel better soon! Congrats on your job continuing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Feel better! I'm not too good at staying put either.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Get rested. Your body and mind need it. Congratulations on keeping your students. I had a long term sub position last year and LOVED it even though it wasn't the age or subject I went to school for. I certainly learned a great deal about the job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh do feel better. and congrats on the job to finish the year with your students!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome about getting to stay with your students! But sorry about you being sick still. Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry to hear you are still not back to full health. Hopefully this forced rest will do the trick! And yay for getting to end out the year with "your" students!

    ReplyDelete