Friday, April 22, 2011

Brought to you by the number "4."


This has been popping up all over the place, but I started writing mine after I saw Amanda's the other day. :)

Four jobs I’ve had in my life:

  1. Babysitter
  2. Writing Consultant at the MSU Writing Center (I miss this job)
  3. Seasonal Park Ranger
  4. Teacher (in various forms-Substitute mainly in my two subject areas: English and history)

Four books I would read over and over:

  1. Harry Potter Series (I love them)
  2. The Odyssey
  3. The House of Mirth
  4. Ender's Game

Four places I have lived:

  1. Sterling Heights, MI
  2. Rochester Hills, MI
  3. East Lansing, MI
  4. Rochester, MI (Yes, Rochester and Rochester Hills are 2 different cities, but share schools, etc. Everything. :) But they're my hometown!)

Four books I would recommend:

  1. Jane Eyre-recently read it and loved it.
  2. The Painted Veil-I am still thinking about this one and I finished it a couple months ago
  3. Sammy and Juliana in Hollywood-My favorite YA novel of all time
  4. Crime and Punishment-for some reason, this one has been on my mind recen

Four places I have been:

  1. Toronto (I have only been out of the country to Canada. A couple of times were for band trips in high school, but only once or twice for an actual trip)
  2. San Francisco
  3. Chicago
  4. Denver

Four of my favorite foods:

  1. Macaroni and cheese. It is my ultimate comfort food
  2. Cheerios. I love them on their own.
  3. Strawberries
  4. Pretzels. YUM.

Four of my favorite drinks:

  1. Diet Coke. Usually in the Super Big Gulp Variety from 7/11
  2. OJ. My husband is responsible for my love affair. I never drank the stuff before we lived together.
  3. Skim milk
  4. Tea. I am partial to black teas.

Four places I would rather be right now:

  1. Some place where it is not supposed to rain for 7 days.
  2. New Zealand.
  3. Greece
  4. Ireland

Four things that are very special in my life:

  1. My husband. I love him so much. It is hard to believe I met him over 10 years ago.
  2. My family. I have a great support system.
  3. My kitties.
  4. My books and the world that reading has opened up for me (I'm looking at you book bloggers!)

Four bloggers I hope will do this meme:

  1. whoever would like to!

9 comments:

  1. So I'm guessing you've always lived in Michigan then? I should have thought of The Painted Veil for recommendations. I recommend that one CONSTANTLY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished eating a bowl of Cheerios myself and I live near Rochester, NY...hee hee! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun answers :D I'm so with you Diet Coke. I'm like addicted. But I prefer Coke Zero.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When Jill did this one last week I also bookmarked it for a rainy day. It's been fun seeing the bloggers who have joined in--I love seeing a bit more of the personal!

    I actually started Painted Veil yesterday. But then fell asleep on the first page. Twice.

    I lived in Toronto (suburbs) when I was little. Such a fabulous city!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We used to go to Toronto for vacations all the time! I thought it was so cool to be that close to foreign country. But I would be in heaven if it was raining here, we've just started water restrictions again. It's going to be a long, hot summer. Sigh.

    And I totally forgot about Diet Coke! I drink Diet Coke with Lime almost every day, how could I forget???

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked reading more about you. When I was in college I had a passion for real Coke in the Super Big Gulp size; now I couldn't handle those calories! Did you like Chicago when you visited? It's my home town, with many lovely aspects, but not quite like Italy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hear you on the rain for the next seven days. Ugh. I would count New Zealand, Greece and Ireland on my places to visit as well. Hopefully, I'll get to go to Ireland next year!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love these memes. A little slice of personal in the midst of the books. I may have to do this....

    ReplyDelete