Friday, February 19, 2010

Book 22: Book Stats.

Title: The Mill on the Floss
Author: George Eliot aka Mary Anne Evans (1819-1880)
First Published: 1860

My Edition: Signet Classic w/ Afterword by Jane Smiley
Pages: 608

Novels Include: Adam Bede (1859), The Mill on the Floss (1860), Silas Marner (1861), Romola (1863), Felix Holt, the Radical (1866), How Lisa Loved the King (1869), Middlemarch (1871-72), and Daniel Deronda (1876)

Eliot also wrote plays and short stories. I have previously read all of her novels, excepting Daniel Deronda and The Mill on the Floss.

For this list, I will be reading The Mill on the Floss, Silas Marner, and Middlemarch.

I am also fulfilling part of the Chunkster Challenge by reading this novel!

2 comments:

  1. I tend to stay away from the chunksters because they demand too much of my time! :) Though I would like to read Middlemarch!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Middlemarch. Actually, every Eliot book I have read I have fallen in love with. But it takes a lot of energy to get through them since they are so long and detailed.

    ReplyDelete